HOW TO CARE AND MAINTENANCE YOUR TUNGSTEN RINGS
A few helpful tips on how to care for your Tungsten Rings.
- Tungsten Rings are very durable but can crack under harsh impact. Although rare, dropping the ring onto a hard surface may cause a slight crack to the ring’s surface. Forever Metals provides a lifetime warranty and will replace the ring at no charge to the customer.
- Avoid using a supersonic cleaner, steam cleaner or harsh chemicals which may cause spotting on the surface of the ring. Instead, clean the ring with water or mild soap solution to restore it to its beautiful luster quality that will last a lifetime.
- Alcohol hand sanitizers, lotions and dirt can leave build-up on your ring which might make your ring appear darker. When this happens, just wash your all your tungsten rings as directed above while thoroughly wiping the surfaces.
How to Care for Silver and Gold Metal Jewelry.
The caring demands of gold and silver jewelry are as high as their price. While cleaning any ring that contains gold or silver, one must clean it in a way as to avoid scratching it. The brush tool that you use should be soft bristled which avoids any chances of scratching. Gold and silver are one of the more expensive metals of the world because both these metals are not used in its original form and are difficult to handle and shape. Because gold and silver are hard to handle, manufacturing expenses are high for the jewelry made through these metals. These metals are priced so high that every owner wants to maintain their beauty and shine forever. Maintenance for gold and silver becomes difficult for the following reasons:
- Tarnishing: Gold and silver are precious metals and so care must be provided to prevent or eliminate tarnishing. The purest forms of gold or silver are too soft to be used in jewelry and therefore they are combined with alloys to make jewelry. These elements are added to improve the strength of the ring, but do not prevent tarnishing. Gold doesn’t tarnish as silver does, but it does become dull over time due to the adherence of dirt and oils from our skin that can come naturally or from lotions or make up. Following these guidelines should allow the ring to maintain its natural beauty and shine that you will enjoy for a lifetime.
- Resistance to Scratches: Gold and silver jewelry are not scratch proof. Scratches may reduce the beauty and allure of gold and silver jewelry and may show some nicks and scrapes over the lifetime of the ring, bracelet, etc. To resolve, you will need to re-polish these surfaces professionally which may be expensive. Forever metals uses gold and silver plating inlaid into the tungsten giving it a beautiful luster at an affordable price. Forever Metals provides a variety of colors and styles as men proudly tend to wear these inlaid bands more frequently.
If you are weighing options price vs quality, visit why are tungsten carbide rings so cheap?
Last Updated: October 22, 2018